Thursday, April 20, 2006

there is always a way to clean up a mess

overbite

The farmer's market is like my church. It's where good people congregate with honest intentions. There are no moral obligations or restrictive dogmas like those that I experienced in the frying pans of church when I was just little, so I feel safe to be open, and if this sort of worship needs to be labeled "Pagan" then see if I give a damn. While I'm out in the spring breeze with light streaming through the tree branches let the devout sit on hard benches and if catholic kneel then sit, then stand, then kneel...whatever. I just got back from " church" I bought a little rosemary plant, some seeds for the building's garden, some EMPIRE apples, some Columbian Co-op's organic coffee beans, a giant sweet potato and some cut daffodils, hyacinth and pussy willow branches. I ate a snack sitting on some grass and watched the children and dogs run around. I read a bit more of Now's Magazine's outstanding articles on environment issues. Wayne Roberts (a hero in food security issues coverage) wrote about John Todd and his soulmate's work in turning sewage into lily ponds. If anyone is interested, look up The Bioneers/ John Todd to find out more about the work that they do. See my book report "Read Over My Shoulder"...I think it was my first blog post, about the book that you should read to make you know that there is always a way to clean up a mess.

No comments: